Google+

Monday, May 4, 2015

Evelyn's May Kit Projects

Hello all! Evelyn here today and I want to show you what I made with the beautiful flowery May Kit.

My first layout is about my sister and her very pretty big dog. He is a little bit crazy, but friendly, and of course the very best friend of my sister.
from my stash: cardstock, Gesso, stencil and modeling paste, 13@rts gold glitter strips, glass pearls
For this layout I used the Main May Kit, the Flower Add-On and the Mixed Media Kit. I absolutely fell in love with the Mica Powder, It adds such a wonderful golden shimmer!



My next layout shows my daughter. She likes to take selfies and I am allowed to use them for my layouts - lucky me! :)

from my stash: cardstock, Gesso, punches, crackle accents, stamps and inks and mists, doily
I used the Main May Kit, the Flower Add-On, the Embellishment Add-On and the Mixed Media Kit for this layout. I made a video for you and I hope you enjoy it! 




My video tutorial for you:


My third layout is a clean and calm one, a bit meditative. I used a picture out of a pad called "Cheerfulness." I worked after the May Sketch from our Challenge.  I used the Main May Kit and the Flower Add-On.

from my stash: cardstock, Gesso, modeling paste, stamps, mist
For my last project I altered the Gatefold Journal from the Mixed Media Kit.


From my stash I used a stamped image (LaBlanche) on the front and the back. I covered the journal with crackle paste for interesting texture (I love cracks), and once dry colored it with Deco Art  Raw Umber Antiquing Cream and a Ranger Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber in Juniper. For the edges, some Distress inks in Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo.

Then, I added some of the beautiful flowers from the kits and the wooden leaves from the Main May Kit. The leaves were painted with Gesso and stamped. Last, but not least, I added a little clasp from Prima. At the spine I glued a little metal heart, also from my stash.


 
 


Thanks for stopping by today!


3 comments:

  1. Stunning work Evelyn! I love the shimmer from the mica powder on your projects. The crackle on your album is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love each of your layouts - gorgeous! The layout you did a video on was amazing - lots of texture, colors and a beautiful photo of your daughter. (Your beautiful daughter reminds me of an actress I've recently seen in a move - but I can't place the name right now). Your album is awesome - I love, love the crackles! And, your black lab is beautiful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your lovely comment, dear Kathy <3 ! I feel very honored and it makes me very proud! xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete